Meatloaf again! We love it, everyone loves it, and I have to say it is a lot of fun to experiment with, mixing up traditional American recipes with Italian ones, maybe even looking to Sweden and their delicious meatballs for a few ingredient choices and in the end just using what you have on hand to throw into this mystery meat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ of a large onion, chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, for the best results, mix together with your hands until perfectly blended, use a large wooden spoon if you don’t want to get your hands dirty.
Drizzle the olive oil in a baking pan and make your meatloaf by creating a little mound in the center of the pan. Bake in the center of the oven for 1 hour. Pour off the excess fat before serving.
Two Years Ago: pesce all’acqua pazza
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
~ by italicious on January 25, 2011.